dimanche 1 juin 2014

Chocolate Coconut Omelette

I was looking at a recipe on marmiton.com, when I saw the "Au hasard" button (Au hasard is French for random). I decided it would be fun to click it a few times and see if anything interesting came up. One of the more interesting results was the Omelette chocolat coco, or chocolate coconut omelette. My boyfriend's cousin decided that we should make it after our religion class one evening, so I brought ingredients and the recipe, my boyfriend brought his knowledge of how to actually make an omelette, and his cousin helped us eat the finished product.



http://www.marmiton.org/recettes/recette_omelette-chocolat-coco_50400.aspx

After making this food, I looked at the ingredients again and realized this contains slightly more chocolate than eggs by weight, and I was using extra large eggs. Basically, it tasted like a very chocolaty brownie. Not only can it be made extremely quickly without waiting for an oven to heat up, it would also be a good brownie alternative to people who can't eat flour. Unfortunately, the only person I see very often who can't eat flour also can't eat chocolate. So no chocolate omelette brownies for him.

just poured the chocolate egg mixture into the pan

Ingredients:
100 grams of chocolate chips
100 grams of dark chocolate
3 eggs
shredded coconut

just flipped over the omelette

Procedure:
1. Melt the dark chocolate. You can use a double boiler/ bain-marie, but I used the microwave.
2. beat the eggs in a bowl, then add the chocolate chips and melted chocolate.
3. Make the omelette.
4. Sprinkle coconut on the omelette and serve. We actually added the coconut to the omelette while it was still cooking, so it added some nice texture to the inside.


I would make this again, especially since it is an easier alternative to making brownies, and I don't like waiting for the oven to preheat. I might not put in quite as much chocolate next time, though.

Eating some of the finished omelette.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire